Search

Burkina Faso - search results

If you're not happy with the results, please do another search.

IAMGOLD reports security incident near Essakane

The situation has been resolved, with one member of government security sustaining injuries. The workforce and local community are safe.

Vibramech: Maintaining a firm footprint in West Africa

Vibramech’s equipment has been supplied to Mali, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mauritania, Guinea, Senegal, Ghana, Burkina Faso and Côte d’Ivoire.

Mako completes sale of Niou project in Burkina Faso

The divestment of the Niou Project allows Mako to focus its exploration and capital on its Napié and Korhogo Projects in Côte d’Ivoire.

Orezone Gold Corp.’s Bomboré Burkina Faso’s next gold mine

Burkina Faso will by Q3, 2022 add another gold producer when Orezone Gold Corp. pours first gold at its Bomboré gold project,

Panthera Resources: Many projects, one vision

With an interest in six gold projects in three countries in West Africa, there is little doubt that Panthera has a footprint in the region.

BURKINA FASO’S FIFTH GOLD MINE IN CONSTRUCTION

Development of the Inata gold mine project in Burkina Faso’s northern Sahel region began this year. After Taparko, Kalsaka, Youga and Mana, Inata is the fifth gold mine in Burkina Faso to begin construction.

Norwegian company Wega Mining owns 90% or the project with the remaining 10% belonging to the Burkina Faso government. Wega Mining’s interest in Burkina Faso derives from its acquisition of Goldbelt Resources and its Burkina Faso subsidiary, Societe des Mines de Belahouro in December 2007.

Burkina Faso aims to be Africa’s number four gold producer

[img:Burkina%20hot_0.jpg|Gold pour – soon
be happening
in Burkina Faso
]Ougadougou, Burkina Faso --- MININGREVIEW.COM ---24 March 2009 - Burkina Faso – a West African country with a cotton-dependent economy – is planning to become a regional mining centre and the continent's fourth biggest gold producer in the next three years.

Burkina Faso lies between Africa’s number two and three gold producers – Ghana to the south and Mali to the north – and has been mining gold industrially for less than two years, but wants to expand rapidly.

Burkina mining sector set to double economic role

[img:Burkina%20bd_0.jpg|Expansion underway
at Semafo’s Mana
gold mine in Burkina
Faso ‒ and now several
new mines are on the
way in the country
]Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso --- 27 September 2012 - Seven new mines are preparing to open operations in Burkina Faso and, together with an improved mining code, this should double the mining sector's contribution to the country's economy in the coming years.

Third Burkina Faso gold mine in past year

[img:Burkina1%20-%20Pic%201_0.jpg|SEMAFO in action – its
Mana operation has
opened in Burkina Faso
]Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso --- MININGREVIEW.COM --- 03 July 2008 - The West Africa state of Burkina Faso has formally opened its third gold mine in a year – the opencast Mana facility operated by Toronto-listed SEMAFO.
 
The Mana mine – inaugurated on this week – is situated 270 km northwest of the Burkina Faso capital. Reuters reports from here that local officials say it is expected to produce 3.6 tonnes of gold per year.

Ghana and Burkina Faso to form joint technical team

“The capital flight affecting Burkina Faso and Ghana in the area of mining is disturbing and we must work to solve it”.

LATEST FEATURE