Boris Kamstra will step down as CEO with immediate effect. He has led the Alphamin team at Bisie tin mine in the DRC through its development and mine build phase - and has done an extraordinary job in extraordinary conditions.
Watch our exclusive interview with Boris Kamstra here
Some of the team accomplishments under Kamstra’s leadership include:
- Negotiating and implementing Agreements with all local stakeholders resulting in a constructive working relationship and “licence to operate” with the local communities and Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) representatives, both local and national
- Ensuring that artisanal miners vacated the mining site by mutual agreement
- Building road access to the mining site through nearly 40 km of deep jungle
- Raising the funds needed to develop the Bisie mine
- Building and constructing the mine, processing plant and related infrastructure on site
- Building a team that is progressing mine commissioning
Kamstra will continue to serve as an executive director of Alphamin with responsibilities that include investor relations, tin marketing and special value-add projects.
Read more about mining in Central Africa
Maritz Smith has been appointed CEO of Alphamin. Maritz has 18 years of experience with all aspects of directing mining operations and is well suited to guide Alphamin through its next phase of operations and corporate objectives.