Micromine 2020 focusses on usability and additional functionality across the mining value chain to assist in increasing productivity and cost efficiencies, adding more value than ever to our clients.
Micromine 2020 is the latest version of MICROMINE’s exploration and mine design solution. It is scalable and flexible, providing you with the flexibility to choose the functionality you need when you need it.
This article first appeared in Mining Elites in Africa 2020
The aim of Micromine 2020 has been to develop features and functionality across the mining value chain to add significant value to our clients.
New features in Micromine 2020 include:
- New stope optimisation tool for underground mine design and planning.
- Upgrades to existing Implicit modelling functionality and the addition of new implicit modelling tools for geological modelling.
- Significant upgrades and new functionality to the existing Micromine Scheduler for planning engineers.
- Multiple new statistical chart and analysis functionality for geologists.
- Significant enhancements to the ring design tool for underground engineers.
Micromine 2020 has many enhancements, the most significant include:
- The addition of new point cloud import and data filtering tools for surveyors and engineers
- The ability for explorers and geologists to visualise private and government web map services layers in Vizex
- The ability to import and export OMF files, from or to, other GMPs easily
- The ability to import ioGas files
There has also been significant enhancements to Micromine such as:
• Significant speed improvements in block model reporting
• Significant speed improvements in the Wireframe assign functionality
• Significant performance improvements when draping and visualising images in Vizex
• Improved block model regularisation features
• The ability to select data using a new Lasso tool in Vizex
• Better Wireframe management tools
• Improved drillhole creation workflow
• Major improvements in the creation and management of Python scripts within Micromine