The MOD Resources approval is subject to several conditions which are all manageable.
The EMP will enable an unlimited number of RC and diamond drill holes to be drilled up to December 2018 within a 48 km2 farm block surrounding the T3 project.
T3 forms part of the joint venture between MOD Resources (70%) and AIM listed Metal Tiger (30%) and includes an extensive licence holding in the central and western parts of the Kalahari Copper Belt.
The in-country operating company is Tshukudu Metals Botswana. Initial drilling will use three diamond and two RC drill rigs. Three additional diamond drill rigs are on standby at T3 and will be available as needed. The first stage of the programme will include up to 70 diamond drill holes to test a range of targets summarised below.
RC drilling will be used for precollars, hydrological testwork and sterilisation holes below planned infrastructure at T3. A large part of the drilling is targeted to be completed before the end of 2017.
The EMP allows for a further 12 months drilling period to follow up any new discoveries or resource extensions around T3 and complete hydrological and sterilisation drilling in line with current feasibility studies.
“We are all very excited to resume drilling on the T3 copper project, with numerous drilling targets identified,” says MOD Resources MD, Julian Hanna.
Planned program diamond drilling will focus on targets in five principal areas:
- Resource extensions east and west of the planned open pit and several resource infill holes. Drilling is planned to test up to 400 m West and 200 m East of the planned pit
- High grade veins with potential for underground development, down dip and below the planned open pit. Drilling will test sections along >1 000 m, up to 360 m down dip from the pit
- Two IP anomalies 800 m North of T3. These IP targets are interpreted to dip south towards T3 and may occur on the North limb of a syncline
- AEM target (A16) approximately 1 km northeast of T3. Drilling is planned to test the source of this low order EM anomaly identified during the recent airborne EM survey.
- Zone 3 mineralised contact located 300 m below the top of T3 resource. Widely spaced drilling is planned to define this significant contact interpreted across the T3 dome
Feature image credit: Wikimedia