Graphite and gold explorer and developer Volt Resources has entered into term sheets with private shareholders regarding the proposed acquisition of a 70% interest in the Zavalievsky group of companies.
The graphite mine and processing facilities are located adjacent to the town of Zavallya, approximately 280 km south of the Ukraine capital Kyiv and 230 km north of the main port of Odessa.
Read more about battery metals
Volt Chairman Asimwe Kabunga comments:
“We are excited by the potential benefits in acquiring a controlling interest in the ZG Group on Volt’s graphite strategy. This is a rare opportunity to acquire an existing graphite business located in Europe at a fraction of the development cost of a new project.
“It has the potential to make Volt a key participant in the supply of graphite into the growing European market with excellent access to other markets in the USA and Middle East.
“Volt’s board considers the Company’s ability to complete funding for the Bunyu Project will be enhanced by this potential acquisition to accelerate the transition to a graphite producer with a customer base, sales revenue and cashflow generation along with in-house operating and technical expertise to de-risk the Bunyu development.”
Key features of the Zavalievsky Graphite business include:
- Ongoing graphite product sales to existing customer base in
- Existing production of graphite products to supply traditional
- industrial markets including refractories, electrodes, lubricants,
- gaskets/seals, brake linings, etc.
- Potential to become a producer of spherical graphite for Li-ion
- battery anode market in the near term
Other existing and potential positive cash flow generating mineral products from the graphite mine, including production of crushed granite for use in road construction and concrete as well as industrial grade garnet:
- Excellent transport infrastructure with direct access to road and
- rail, nearby river transport and ocean freight through the main
- Ukraine port of Odessa
- Low labour costs, grid power, ample potable water and good
- Experienced technical, operations and marketing personnel
The Zavalievsky Graphite business also has a 79% interest in 636 ha of land upon which the mine, processing plant, other buildings and facilities are located.