Volt Resources has joined the European Battery Alliance (EBA). Launched in October 2017, the EBA is a platform for key stakeholders throughout the entire European battery value chain.
Managing Director, Trevor Matthews, comments:
“As Volt progresses with the acquisition of the Zavalievsky graphite business to become a producer of graphite products in Europe, there is a great opportunity to build relationships and obtain access to capital to support the expansion and product development plans for the graphite business.
READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT GRAPHITE
Membership of the EBA250 network will facilitate that process and position Volt and its potential European graphite business as an early leader of graphite production and downstream products in Europe”.
READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT BATTERY METALS
The EBA250 network includes the European Commission, EU member states, the European Investment Bank and more than 600 industrial, innovation and academia stakeholders.
READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT ENERGY
The EBA objective is to build a strong pan-European battery industry that is able to help Europe capture a growing market expected to be worth 250B€/year from 2025. Industry participants across the battery value chain include Volkswagen, Tesla, Volvo, LG Chem, CATL and Albemarle.
Formal actions being facilitated by the EBA and relevant to Volt’s business and plans include:
- Create and sustain a cross-value chain ecosystem for batteries. This includes mining, processing, materials design, second life, and recycling within the EU, encouraging cross-sectoral initiatives between academia, research, industry, policy, and the financial community
- Facilitate the expansion/creation of European sources of raw materials
The EBA250 includes a Business Investment Platform (BIP) together with financial institutions – public and private –and several core industrial partners.
The objective of the BIP is to:
- Shorten the time to investment
- Reduce business risk for the investee
- Reduce investment risk for the investor