- Deliver operation leadership. This involves taking responsibility for profit & loss, achieves return on capital investments and deliver profitable growth.
- Direct the day to day operational management of the business, applying as required a hands-on approach to producing solutions to strategic, technical, commercial, operational and personnel related challenges which impact on customer service and performance.
- Control dealership performance against targets and standards.
- Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on both plus and minus factors impacting on the business. In essence adopt a “no surprises” approach to reporting and leadership.
- Produce business performance reports, on a monthly or quarterly basis depending on Management demand.
- Foster suitable financial controls for such areas as tax, treasury, inventories, provisions and ensuring timely issue of invoices. Close liaison with the Head of Finance will be required in this regard.
- Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan.
- Deliver monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 5 years’ experience with a proven track record of achieving operational and corporate objectives.
- University degree or equivalent will be advantage.
- Strong commercial and technical acumen within the capital goods/heavy equipment retail sector (i.e. agriculture, construction, mining, forestry etc.)
- Proven sales and marketing experience.
- Highly numerate, with experience of financial/business analysis.
- Energetic, driven, and ambitious
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data, identify key issues and communicate these issues both verbally and in written form to multiple stakeholders.