Ethiopia – East Africa Metals has released drill results from exploration conducted on the Adyabo and Harvest projects in Ethiopia.
East Africa Metal’s 70%-owned Harvest polymetallic VMS exploration project covers about 116 km2 in the Tigray region of Ethiopia, 600 km north‐northwest of the capital city of Addis Ababa, while the Adyabo project, covers 264 km2, immediately west of the Harvest project. The company has entered into an agreement to acquire up to 80% of the Adyabo project.
Results include reverse circulation (RC) drilling at the Terakimti VHMS deposit and additional diamond drill holes from Mato Bula North and Mato Bula.
20 x 20 m RC drilling is continuing at the Terakimti VHMS deposit, to provide detailed definition of the Terakimti gold oxide resource at the Harvest project.
Recent results from holes TRC019 through 042, drilled in the northern section of the deposit, continue to define continuity and grade of the gold and silver enriched oxide zones, and follow on the positive results received for holes TRC01-18 in March. East Africa plans to use the RC drill results to update the oxide mineral resource at Terakimti, with the intent of applying for a mining licence.
Drill result highlights for TRC019 to 042 include:
Gold Rich Oxide
- TRC019 – 9 m grading at 5.94 g/t gold (section 54120N);
- TRC026 – 14 m grading at 7.25 g/t gold (section 54160N);
- TRC028 – 10 m grading at 11.30 g/t gold (section 54160N);
- TRC031 – 12 m grading at 3.59 g/t gold (section 54180N) ; and
- TRC038 – 20 m grading at 1.99 g/t gold (section 54220N).
Gold-Silver Rich Oxide
- TRC021 – 15 m grading at 7.34 g/t gold and 324.5 g/t silver (section 53120N); and
- TRC029 – 3 m grading at 3.31 g/t gold and 159.2 g/t silver (section 53160N).
VMS Mineralization (locally supergene enriched)
- TRC024 – 12 m grading at 2.43 g/t gold, 6.74% copper and 20.5 g/t silver (section 54140N); and
- TRC033 – 32 m grading at 4.40 g/t gold, 3.08% copper and 15.8 g/t silver (section 53180N).
Drilling of the oxide resource is now almost complete with 92 drill holes totalling 4 560 m for an average drill hole depth of 49.6 m.
Recent results for 6 diamond drill holes have been received for Mato Bula, Silica Hill North and Mato Bula North (WMD036 to 041).
Drilling at Mato Bula North included a 40 m step-out to the north and an infill of 40 x 40m spaced drill hole into the siliceous pipe-like copper-rich Mato Bula North target.
- WMD040 – 14.1 me grading at 1.59% copper, 0.07 g/t gold and 5 g/t silver from 38 m (40 m northern step out); and
- WMD041 – 41.55 m grading at 0.97% copper and 0.14 g/t gold and 5 g/t silver from 17.80 m including 7.25 m grading at 2.19% copper, 0.08 g/t gold and 14 g/t silver.
Drilling at Halima Hill, a 320 m southerly step out to the Mato Bula drill grid, intersected 1 m grading at 0.43% copper and 1.77 g/t gold from 98.5 m (WMD039).
The assay results and visual interpretation of alteration at Halima Hill indicate the Mato Bula system is weakening to the south.
Drilling near surface at the southern end of the Jasper Hill Zone at Mato Bula also failed to intersect mineralisation (WMD038). This drill hole was drilled above the plunging shoot defined at Jasper Hill in WMD027, which intersected 24.50 m grading at 1.67 g/t gold and 0.61 % copper.
Two drill holes (WMD036, WMD037) were completed as 80 m step outs to a 22.91 m grading at 14.34 g/t gold intercept at Silica Hill North (WMD032). Neither hole intersected significant mineralisation.
Structural logging of the two holes and detailed 1:250 scale mapping on site has indicated structural complexity and closer spaced drilling is required to test the interpreted shoot-like geometry of the zone.
Top Project stories in Ethiopia: