Powering new and existing mining operations in Africa can be one of the biggest constraints to delivering and maintaining sustainable operations in such remote regions.
With grid power seldom a viable option and the cost of diesel generator fuel steadily increasing, renewable energy alternatives are becoming increasingly attractive as costs continue to reduce.
This power solution however does come with its own set of unique challenges to consider, but nonetheless can be incorporated profitably when determining the long-term cost saving benefits.
The webinar unpacked:
- Drawing a comparison – which power option makes the most financial sense?
- How can renewable energy be effectively and feasibly incorporated into mining operations?
- What are the challenges around renewable energy in mining and how to overcome those
- The financial benefits associated with using renewable energy sources to power your mine
- The benefits off-grid renewable energy solutions offer remote villages and communities – and this contribution to an improved social licence to operate
- Case studies – a closer look at those mining companies who are or have incorporated renewable energy solutions successfully into their operations
Anders Cajus Pedersen | Chief Regional Power Systems Officer | African Development Bank (AfDB)
Ian Curry | Renewable Energy Expert
Tobias Hobbach | Founder & Managing Director | Sustainable Power Generation (SustainPower)
This webinar was held in partnership with ESI Africa