Wednesday, 15 September
13h00 GMT | 14h00 WAT | 15:00 CAT
DURATION: 60 min
The Democratic Republic of Congo may be home to significant mineral wealth – and offers significant developed and undeveloped prospects and projects. But is this enough to secure new cash investment or to satisfy existing shareholders and stakeholders?
Today’s world is demanding sustainable businesses that pay respect to future generations – from investors and consumers alike. For mining, this means ESG (environment, social and governance) compliance, and for DRC explorers, developers and miners, this is quickly becoming non-negotiable.
Join FBNBank (DRC) and DRC Mining Week for a digital session that unpacks the importance of ESG compliance for the country’s mining sector.
- Current legislation – does ESG play a role?
- How do ESG principles apply to the DRC’s mining sector?
- Key considerations to ensure compliancy
- Securing finance for new projects in the DRC – how is this impacted by ESG?
- Case studies – learning from existing DRC-based miners who are ESG-compliant
CLICK ON OUR SPEAKERS’ PROFILES BELOW TO CONNECT WITH THEM ON LINKEDIN:
Jasmine Abrahams: Group Manager, Sustainability | Ivanhoe Mines
Marie-Chantal Kaninda: Executive Director, Head of Corporate Affairs | Glencore DRC
Cyrille Mutombo: Country Director | Barrick Gold DRC