The French international business development agency, Ubifrance, will take part in the West African Mining and Power Expo (WAMPEX) – for the first time ever in the show’s 20-year history. WAMPEX takes place from 28 to 30 May at Accra Convention Centre in Accra, Ghana.
Ubifrance will host 16 exhibiting companies on the French pavilion at the expo, showcasing products, services and equipment related to the mining and power industries. “WAMPEX is West Africa’s biggest and most influential mining and power industries trade show and we are very excited to have Ubifrance involved,” says John Thomson, Managing Director of show organiser Exhibition Management Services.
“WAMPEX represents a great opportunity for these French companies to showcase their specialist ‘know-how’ in mining equipment and services and explore business and growth opportunities,” says Guillaume Anfray, Mining Sector Project Manager at Ubifrance. “Ghana is considered a stable, leading mining country in the West African area; however, it is still widely unknown to most French companies accustomed to prospecting in neighbouring French-speaking countries.”
Nine of the 16 French companies exhibiting at the show will be on the French national pavilion. Seven companies from Alsace, France’s eastern region, will participate in a business meeting programme, while the Alsatian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI Alsace) will be exhibiting their know-how on the French pavilion.
Diverse French Presence at Biggest WAMPEX
“Our seven companies will be using WAMPEX to showcase their expertise in the mining industry, and through our programme of appointments they will find many new customers,” says Marianne Genet, Advisor in International Development for CCI Alsace.
The companies include Claudius Peters Technologies, Cocental, Isenmann, Skako Vibration, TLL France, Vossloh-Schwabe France and Welding Alloys.
“Most of them are already working on mining projects in Africa, such as Rand Coal in South Africa, Burkina Mining Company in Burkina Faso, and Areva in Niger,” says Genet.
The participating companies are:
- ABRASERVICE: wear and abrasion resistant high strength steels
- CCI de Region Alsace: Alsatian Chamber of Commerce and Industry export department
- CLAUDIUS PETERS: stockyards, conveyors, silos, coolers, grinding mills and packing systems
- CMD & FERRY CAPITAIN: design, manufacturing and commissioning of power transmission equipment
- COCENTAL-CCM: mining and tunneling equipment
- COROI INTERNATIONAL: chemical solutions for the mining sector
- ISENMANN: materials separation systems from fine powder to primary scalping.
- RBL-REI: design, manufacturing and installation of industrial bulk solid handling, conveyer and storage solutions
- RPA PROCESS: liquid-solid separation, dosing, weighing, filtration, mixing and agitation systems
- SCHRADER: tools, equipment, parts and materials for mounting, dismantling, lifting and repairing OTR tyres
- SEFAR FYLTIS: standardised filter solutions for equipment used in process industries
- SKAKO VIBRATION: design, development, supply and marketing of vibratory equipment for bulk material transport and separation
- SORCOM: instrumentation and electrical procurement services for operators in the Oil & Gas and mining industries
- TTL FRANCE: parts and accessories for filter systems
- VOSSLOH-SCHWABE FRANCE: manufacturing and supply of lighting (LED, Ballasts, lamp holders, ignitors, capacitors)
- WAMINES-EUROFOR GROUP: supply of drilling rigs and equipment, maintenance, training and parts
- WELDING ALLOYS-PRODUR: manufacture of equipment and products using wear resistant materials
- UBIFRANCE: French international business development agency
The West African Mining and Power Exhibition (WAMPEX) and Conference 2014 is an international expo for suppliers of equipment, technology, services and consumables to West Africa’s rapidly growing power and mining sectors.
The 11th edition of WAMPEX takes place at Accra Convention Centre in Ghana from 28 to 30 May 2014.
The event is organised by Exhibition Management Services in association with EPI Events and Projects International Limited.
Contact Serean at Exhibition Management Services. Tel+27 (0)11 783-7250. Fax +27 (0)11 783-7269. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org