TORONTO (September 3, 2014) – The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) International Convention, Trade Show & Investors Exchange is set to once again take place in downtown Toronto from March 1 – 4, 2015. The PDAC Convention is the industry’s largest annual event that provides a world of opportunities for attendees to learn about the latest trends, technologies and personalities shaping the mineral exploration and mining sector. In 2014, more than 25,000 people attended the convention for the fourth consecutive year.
“Canada leads all global countries in mineral exploration spending and since Toronto is the global capital of mining finance—it makes sense that we host the industry’s most important networking and educational event here,” says PDAC President Rod Thomas. “We’re looking forward to another banner year for the PDAC Convention.”
Now in its 83nd year, the PDAC Convention attracts investors, analysts, mining executives, geologists, prospectors and international government delegations from all over the world. The convention offers a broad range of Technical Sessions, Short Courses and networking events.
“The convention is designed to help the sector find the creative answers it needs to meet the challenges it faces,” says Thomas. “Programming reflects economic and industry trends, and aims to provide networking and educational opportunities to encourage a healthy mineral exploration industry.”
PDAC 2015 Convention highlights:
- Technical Program featuring 19 sessions by industry experts
- Trade Show featuring over 500 exhibitors promoting technology, products and services
- Investors Exchange featuring over 540 exhibitors—free and open to the public
- Prospectors Tent featuring maps, samples and claim results of independent prospectors
- Core Shack featuring more than 60 of the latest mineral discoveries from around the world
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Event Series
- Aboriginal Program including the Aboriginal Forum and the Skookum Jim Award
- Student Program including the Student-Industry Networking Luncheon and the Student-Industry Forum
- Topical Short Courses and Workshops
- Popular ticketed events including Luncheons, the Awards Evening and the Gala
Early registration deadline is February 6, 2015. For more information about the convention or to register, visit www.pdac.ca.
About the PDAC
The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) is a national association representing the mineral exploration and development industry. The PDAC has more than 10,000 individual and corporate members, and encourages the highest standards of technical, environmental, safety and social practices in Canada and around the world.
Kathleen Napier, Media Relations, PDAC
416-362-1969 ext. 233, firstname.lastname@example.org