With less than a month to go, the Renewables and Mining Summit is gaining momentum with over 30 mining energy decision-makers now confirmed to participate in this groundbreaking event. The Summit is the first time renewable energy developers and suppliers are coming together to meet with leaders from African mining companies to discuss project opportunities for grid-tied mining operations and remote sites.
Readers of ESI Africa and Mining Review Africa are still eligible for a 20% discount on registration – just use the code “REVIEW20” when registering online.
Five key reasons to attend:
- Hear from mining decision makers on their energy strategies and power technology needs.
- Renewables investment by African mines is expected to grow to up to $1.1 billion by 2016.
- Increasing impact of energy costs: 20% of operational costs for grid-tied, 30% for remote sites.
- Electricity prices in South Africa are rising 8% each year for the next five years.
- Understand future energy contract opportunities from mines looking closely at renewables.
Mines confirmed to attend include representatives from IAMGOLD, African Barrick Gold, Lonmin, Zimplats, AngloGold Ashanti, Anglo American, REVINSAMB Mineral Mining Holding, Impala Platinum Limited, Gold Fields, ArcelorMittal, Glencore Ferro Alloys, African Rainbow Minerals, Northam Platinum, Anglo Platinum, Cronimet Power Solutions, DRDGOLD, Debswana, DeBeers Marine, and Samancor.
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to learn how mines are addressing their energy challenges in the African market and the role renewables can play in providing solutions.