IronRidge Resources, the African focussed minerals exploration company, has provided an exploration update for its portfolio of projects in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa.
Commenting on the company’s latest progress, Vincent Mascolo, CEO of IronRidge, says:
“We are pleased to report that field programmes continue to gather momentum within our Côte d’Ivoire exploration portfolio.
"The addition of national geologists has bolstered our in-house exploration team and we have secured new office facilities in Abidjan to support our level of in-country activity.
"Detailed face mapping and channel sampling of 145 primary ‘hard-rock’ artisanal mining pits over a 16 km strike will provide valuable insights into gold mineralised structures where intensely, steep dipping sheared and brecciated quartz vein zones have been mapped at the Zaranou Gold Project.
"We initiated and completed 3,903 m of AC drilling before the onset of the wet season at the Bianouan and Bodite license areas to test the highest priority coincident soils, trenching and auger gold anomalies; assays are pending.
"Finally, we are advancing our Kineta-Marahui portfolio where trenching has returned encouraging initial trenching intersections including 2 m @ 4.04 g/t gold.”
- Detailed face mapping and sampling completed within 145 primary ‘hard-rock’ artisanal mining pits over a 16 km strike for a total of 324 rock-chip samples inclusive of 144m of channel sampling submitted for assay at the Zaranou gold license
- 3,903 m of AC drilling for a total of 115 holes completed over the highest priority coincident soil, trenching and auger anomalies defined at the Bianouan and Bodite gold licenses
- Multiple gold intersections including 2 m @ 4.04 g/t returned in trenching completed at the Kineta gold license
- Soil sampling programme for a total of 5,129 samples completed over the Marahui gold license; 30 ppb to 2,500 ppb soil anomalies over 2 km strike and 100 m width defined
- Magnetics data confirms strike extension over 40 km of a major Shear Zone which also hosts the world-class 1.73 Moz JORC compliant Abujar project to the south of the Company’s Vavoua portfolio.
- In-country geological team strengthened, and new IronRidge office facilities secured; streamlined operations with continuity and structure for future growth.