“Our vision is to help miners to bring down the cost per ton of material movement by providing the right equipment and support, making the industry more profitable thereby encourage more investments”
1) Let’s start with some background on Pan African Group and your work in the mining sector?
Panafrican Group is a recognized leader in providing Komatsu, Wirtgen and AGCO equipment and aftersales support solution in the markets we operate. With particular expertise in the large mining, light and alluvial mining, cement and aggregates, agriculture and forestry, civil and infrastructure and power and energy sectors. We strive to understand our customers’ needs and deliver fit-for-purpose, tailored solutions that focus on higher productivity and performance, improved reliability and machine availability, and reducing life of asset cost and cost per material movement.
2) Any projects that you are involved in in Nigeria that you are particularly excited about at the moment?
Delivery of over $100m worth of mining equipment to Dangote group last year is worth mentioning. We also work with BUA, AMAPOB, and many small and medium mining firms.
3) What in your view are the challenges to taking the mining sector in Nigeria to the next level?
Lack of bankable geological data is a major challenge, we need to focus more on exploration to determine the quantity and quality of what we claim to have. The other problem is the capital-intensive nature of mining startups.
4) What is your vision for the mining sector in Nigeria?
Cost per ton of material movement is important, our vision is to help miners to bring this down by providing the right equipment and support, making the industry more profitable thereby encourage more investors.
5) You are an exhibitor at Nigeria Mining Week. How important is this even to showcase the country’s mining potential?
An event like this are good for stakeholders to interact and share ideas where possible.
6) What will be your message at the event?
We are Panafrican Equipment setting a new standard for equipment and product support in Nigeria.
7) Anything you would like to add?
There is an equipment combination that will deliver the best cost per ton in any mining operation, we have the experience and tools to plan along with you. Talk to us.