TSX-listed Aton Resources has recommenced field activities at its 100% owned Abu Marawat gold project in Egypt.
Abu Marawat is located in the Central Eastern Desert of Egypt, approximately
200 km north of Centamin’s Sukari gold mine. Aton has identified numerous gold occurrences throughout the entirety of the concession area, including the Hamama deposit in the west and the Abu Marawat polymetallic deposit in the northeast.
- Since the Hamama exploration camp was re-opened in June 2021, a new camp and core processing facility has been constructed at Rodruin.
- Energold’s diamond drill rig has now arrived in Egypt, and some ancillary drilling equipment and materials have already been delivered to the project site at Rodruin.
- The company has been operating two excavators since June 2021, which have been preparing drill roads and pads at both Hamama and Rodruin, ahead of the commencement of diamond drilling at Rodruin.
- Aton’s field teams have also undertaken a further phase of surface sampling and mapping at the Abu Gaharish prospect with a total of 83 samples having been submitted for assay, consisting of 56 grab and grab composite samples, 17 channel samples, and a further 10 QAQC samples;
- Of the selective grab and grab composite samples, 73% assayed greater than 1 g/t gold, 50% greater than 5 g/t gold, and 18 (32%) of the samples assayed greater than 10 g/t gold, with individual grades including 157, 58.4 and 47.6 g/t gold. Samples also returned assays of up to 524 g/t silver, 4.67% copper and 1.24% lead.
- Channel sampling returned grades of 7.88 g/t gold and 215 g/t silver over an interval of 1.4m.
Tonno Vahk, interim CEO commented, “We are delighted to finally be back in the field at Abu Marawat after a pretty tough year and a half, with COVID-19 having made it very difficult for us in Egypt.
Our drilling rig has now finally arrived in port in Egypt, after again suffering long COVID-related export and shipping delays from Indonesia, and we now expect to be back drilling up on the hill at Rodruin within the next couple of weeks.
We have also been working at the Abu Gaharish prospect, which is our highest ranked exploration prospect, after Rodruin. And we are very happy to be able to report more excellent sampling results from Abu Gaharish, again demonstrating its prospectivity.”