Perseus’s three operating gold mines, Edikan in Ghana, and Sissingué and Yaouré in Côte d’Ivoire, performed strongly in the June 2021 quarter, producing a combined total of 102,788 ounces of gold, 16% more than in the prior quarter and 50% more than in the December 2020 quarter.
For the Half Year to 30 June 2021, Group gold production totalled 191,246 ounces compared to production guidance for the same period of 175,000 to 190,0000 ounces while gold production during the Financial Year to 30 June 2021 totalled 328,6321 ounces compared to production guidance of 312,386 to 327,386 ounces.
In both periods, gold production exceeded the top end of the guidance range.
Gold sales from all three operations totaled 106,899 ounces, 23% more than last quarter. The weighted average gold
price realised from sales of gold was US$1,652 per ounce, 1.5% more than the price received in the March 2021 quarter.
The weighted average production costs at Yaouré, Sissingué and Edikan were US$921 per ounce, while AISCs of
US$1,047 per ounce of gold were recorded during the quarter. These costs were 8% and 5% higher respectively than
comparative costs incurred in the previous quarter.
Record quarterly gold production of 102,788 ounces, up 16% on the March 2021 quarter and up 50% on the December 2020 quarter.
- Half year gold production of 191,246 ounces1 and FY2021 gold production of 328,632 ounces, both exceeding the
- top end of their respective production guidance ranges.
- Quarterly gold sales increased 23% to 106,899 ounces at an average realised gold price of US$1,652 per ounce, 1.5%
- more than the prior quarter.
- Weighted average all-in site cost (AISC) was US$1,047 per ounce, US$48 more than in the last quarter
- Notional cashflows from operations for the quarter totalled US$62.1 million, US$20.9 million or 51% more than in
- the March 2021 quarter.
- Half year and financial year AISCs of US$1,030 and US$1,016 per ounce respectively, both positioned in the lower
- half of their respective cost guidance ranges.
- • Guidance for gold production and AISC for the December 2021 half year set at 225,000 to 255,000 ounces at a cost
- of US$925 to US$1,025 per ounce.
- • Perseus remains on track to achieve its goal of producing more than 500,000 ounces of gold per year at a cash
- operating margin of not less than US$400 per ounce in FY2022.
- • Available cash and bullion on hand of US$156.1 million and debt of US$100.0 million, giving a net cash position of
- US$56.1 million at quarter end, US$50.3 million more than at the end of last quarter.
- • Exploration programmes continued to generate encouraging results from prospects close to each operating mine,
- demonstrating potential to organically grow the Group’s inventory of Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves.