ASX-listed Golden Rim Resources has announced major extensions to mineral resource gold lodes at its Kouri project in Burkina Faso.
Burkina Faso – Golden Rim made the announcement this week when it released the latest drilling results from its major exploration campaign at Kouri. The current 9 200 m reverse circulation (RC) and 4 000 m diamond drilling programme is progressing well, with 2 774 m of RC drilling (22 holes) and 1 011 m of diamond drilling (7 holes) completed to date.
Key points of the latest results
Mineral resource extensional Drilling – Kogodou Prospect
- Eastern strike extensions up to 350 m confirmed for the multiple gold lodes that comprise the 1.4Moz mineral resource. Best new gold intercepts include:
- 15 m at 1.2g/t gold from 7 m, including 1 m at 11.6g/t gold and a 1 m artisanal mining cavity (BADH014); and
- 8 m at 2.2g/t gold from 106 m, including 1 m at 14.3g/t gold (GDH004).
• Assays are pending for drill holes located up to 700 m east of the mineral resource in which strong, multiple zones of quartz – pyrite mineralisation, which is generally associated with gold at Kouri, have been observed suggesting potential for further extensions to the gold lodes.
• Results continue to confirm the potential for a major strike extension to the east of the mineral resource and into the Kogodou Prospect where high-grade gold results have been obtained in rock chip sampling over multiple structures for approximately 4 km.
• Drilling is continuing at the Kogodou Prospect with a mineral resource update scheduled for the June 2020 quarter.
Commenting on the latest drilling results, Golden Rim’s Managing Director, Craig Mackay, said: “At present, we are systematically stepping out to the east of the existing 1.4Moz mineral resource at Kouri, along a major cross-structure and completing fences of drill holes at 100m intervals.
“To date, we have drilled holes over 700 m to the east of the mineral resource. The results so far have been impressive and we still have a further 3km along this cross-structure to explore.
“There are also an additional three cross-structures that we have identified to the east of the mineral resource that have returned high-grade gold in rock chip samples and which are yet to be drilled. We believe the potential to considerably expand the Mineral Resource at Kouri is huge,” he concluded.