“We are pleased to welcome proven West African gold developer and producer Perseus as a cornerstone shareholder in Mako,” comments Mako MD Peter Ledwidge.
“They have proved to be a supportive JV partner at Napié and we look forward to their ongoing support as a shareholder of Mako.”
READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT GOLD
“The consolidation of the Napié Gold Project to 90% ownership is a major milestone for Mako, simplifying the existing JV and providing our shareholders with a clearer path to the commercialisation of this asset.
“This transaction removes uncertainty around the future JV milestones and project equity/funding.”
“This transaction is a testament to the Mako team for their exploration success at Napié and strategy to unlock further value. The transaction also provides Perseus with upside on future exploration success by Mako on the Korhogo Project and any other exploration project in which Mako becomes involved”.
- Mako Gold has entered into a binding agreement with established West African gold producer, Perseus Mining, to acquire their 39% interest in Mako’s flagship Napié Gold Project in Côte d’Ivoire
- Perseus Mining to emerge as a strategic shareholder of Mako at completion with a 5.1% equity holding and Mako to own 90% of the Napié Gold Project
- Perseus’s shares in Mako to remain under escrow for a period of 12 months
- This transaction validates Mako’s systematic exploration and growth strategy that aims to extend existing high-grade mineralisation, test multiple high priority regional prospects and to support a future maiden Mineral Resource Estimate
- In addition, this transaction is a strong endorsement of Mako’s 100% owned Korhogo Project and Mako’s exploration / management team