Initial assay results from a recent aircore (AC) drilling programme at have confirmed the presence of significant gold mineralisation at the Bassala project in Mali.
Commenting on the announcement, Mark Bolton, MD of Panthera said, “The assays to date are very encouraging for first pass aircore drilling and representing only four of the 22 targets we have identified at Bassala. All of the four targets tested have returned significant gold mineralisation from the shallow AC drilling and many of the intercepts may be close to true thickness if the current interpretation of relatively flat-lying mineralisation is confirmed.
It is encouraging that the current interpretation is that mineralisation may in part be flat-lying, similar to the nearby Kalana mineralisation (Endeavour Resources) which consists of a series of stacked sub-horizontal zones. If this interpretation is correct, only the uppermost zones will have been intersected in this shallow drilling, with potential for further zones at depth.”
Significant drill intercepts from the 5m composite samples include:
- 45 m @ 0.57g/t Au from 25 m incl. 5 m @ 2.53g/t Au from 40 m
- 30 m @ 0.88g/t Au from 20 m incl. 5m @ 3.18g/t Au from 20 m
- 20 m @ 0.75g/t Au from 15 m incl. 5 m @ 1.92g/t Au from 15 m
- 15 m @ 0.44g/t Au from 25 m
- 10 m @ 0.96g/t Au from 35 m incl. 5 m @ 1.44g/t Au from 35 m
- 10 m @ 0.93g/t Au from 30 m incl. 5 m @ 1.38g/t Au from 30 m
- 10 m @ 0.87g/t Au from 20 m
- 5 m @ 5.10g/t Au from 15 m
- 5 m @ 2.75g/t Au from 55 m
- 5 m @ 1.67g/t Au from 15 m
- 5 m @ 1.18g/t Au from 5 m
- 5 m @ 1.08g/t Au from 20 m
Approximately 22% (843) of the 2,191 5 m composite samples collected from the AC drilling have now been assayed at SGS Laboratory in Bamako. Assay results are from four of the 13 targets drilled, with each of the targets returning significant gold intercepts.