Tietto Minerals has announced the Côte d’Ivoire Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development has approved the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA for Tietto’s 3.02 Moz Abujar Gold Project.
Tietto MD, Dr Caigen Wang, says:
“This milestone of ESIA approval moves our 3.02 Moz Abujar Gold Project into the final stages of the permitting process. I would like to acknowledge the Government of Côte d’Ivoire and their officers for the support shown to our team and local communities.”
Read more about gold
“We also wish to thank the ESIA study teams led by EnviTech for their professionalism and work ethic in completing the program during the COVID‐19 pandemic.”
Read more about COVID-19
“We are on track to secure our goal of developing Abujar into West Africa’s next gold mine, and to that end, we have approved expenditure to advance local site works and secure long‐lead items in anticipation of the final approvals which are expected early next year.”
Read more about mining in West Africa
“Our PFS for Abujar is the next milestone in this process and that remains on track for delivery in Q1 CY21.”
- Côte d’Ivoire Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development approves ESIA for the 3.02 Moz Abujar Gold Project
- The ESIA is associated with the company’s Mining Permit application which covers an area of 120.36 km2
- Tietto expects to secure two remaining major Government approvals required for the Abujar Gold Project early in H1 CY2021 ‐ grant of the Mining Permit and
- completion of Mining Convention negotiation process
- Tietto’s Board approves US$2.5million expenditure to undertake early site works at Abujar including, site access upgrade, camp improvement and purchase of long‐lead items in anticipation of these final approvals and completion of Abujar PFS
- Abujar PFS on track for delivery in Q1 CY2021
- Tietto is well funded to deliver project milestones with more than A$60 million cash.