A Mining Company Based in West Africa is looking for a Head of Department: Metallurgy to manage all aspects related to the processing plant (production and maintenance) to ensure that performance and associated standards are met.Responsibilities:
- Ensure that appropriate SHE systems and practices are implemented within the department.
- Ensure that utilisation, throughput and recovery targets are being met.
- Ensure that suitable personnel are available and utilised. This includes development and training of personnel.
- Ensure that all plant operations are running efficiently against industry best practices and appropriate standards by updating, recording, archiving and analysis of all plant related data.
- Ensure that appropriate metallurgical input is provided for business plans and forecasts (e.g. monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts).
- Ensure that cost and cash flow targets are met.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are developed and implemented in the department. These includes policies and procedures applicable to: Main processing plant ;Final Recovery ; Slimes Dam and Tailings Dump ; Return Water Dam and Plant Water Supply
- Identify and mitigate the top risks within the metallurgical department/discipline.
- Submit required management reports and liaise with the Principal Process Engineer on discipline related issues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc/BTech/NDip in Extractive Metallurgy/Metallurgical Engineering or in Chemical Engineering from a reputable university/institution.
- A suitable management course (e.g. MDP, MAP).
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in diamond processing plants. This must include a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Extensive experience with operational and business systems.
- A track record of training and developing local staff.
- The ability to lead and direct a multi-disciplinary team and work in a fast-paced, schedule driven environment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related tax free net salary
- 2 years Contract
- Life and medical insurance
- 56 days on 24 days off working rotation