Nigerian Mining Minister Bawa Bwari will address Nigeria Mining Week in Abuja next week.
The Nigerian Minister of Mines and Steel Development, the Honourable Bawa Bwari, is scheduled to speak at Nigeria Mining Week at the NAF Centre in Abuja on Monday and Tuesday. The third edition of the event is organised by the Miners Association of Nigeria in partnership and with strategic support from Spintelligent, PwC Nigeria and the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.
Pre-Conference Investment Day: Monday, 15 October 2018
Understanding Mining in Nigeria: A full guide from discovery to production
Chairperson: Habeeb Jaiyeola Director, Head Mining Industry, PwC, Nigeria
09:30 Deep diving into the mining business in Nigeria: Setting up a new mining project is not an easy task and requires years to complete, from the discovery stage, its development; to the production stage requires a lot of resources, knowledge and guidance.
09:35 Business requirements: What is required from you before your start
- Emeka Offor, Director - Strategic Communications, Nigeria Investment Promotion Council, Nigeria
09:45 Overview of licensing and legal requirements
- Engr. Alhaji. Mohammed Amate Director General, Nigeria Mining Cadastre, Nigeria
09:50 Geotechnical mapping of strategic minerals
- Alex Nwegbu Ndubuisi, Director General, Nigeria Geological Survey Agency, Nigeria
10:25 Ministerial address: New perspectives for 2018-2030 – what has been achieved to date? How will future goals be achieved to ensure the sustainability of the Nigerian mining awakening? What should the global mining and metals industry expect from Nigeria?
- Honourable Bawa Bwari, Minister, Ministry of Mines & Steel Development, Nigeria
Conference DAY 1: Tuesday, 16 October 2018: Grand Opening Session
Enabling and promoting global mining practices through good governance and resource mobilization
- Chairperson: Cyril Azobu, Partner, Head Consulting & Mining Leader, PwC, Nigeria
09:05 Welcome address from iPAD Nigeria
- Emmanuelle Nicholls, Group Director, Mining and Agriculture, Spintelligent, South Africa
09:10 Welcome from PwC
- Uyi Akpata, Country and Regional Senior Partner, West, PwC, Nigeria
09:20 Welcome address from MAN: Report back on what has been achieved since 2017 and what is on the cards for the next six months?
- Alhaji Sani Shehu, President, Miners Association of Nigeria (MAN), Nigeria
09:35 Leveraging the transformative potential of the Africa Mining Vision for the Nigerian mining industry
- Claudine Sigam, Head, Human and Institutional Capacities, African Minerals Development Center (AMDC), Ethiopia
09:50 Welcome address from Ecowas:
- Kwame Addo-Kufuor, President of the ECOWAS Federation of Chambers of Mines, Ghana
10:05 The place of the mining industry in the ERGP implementation process
- Sani Yakubu, Senior Special Assistant to the President, Ministry of Budget and National Planning, Nigeria
10:20 Ministerial address and opening of the 3nd annual Nigerian Mining Week
Driving the sector forward
Bank of Industry is the platinum sponsor for this year’s Nigeria Mining Week. “The event is a welcomed development for the mining sector in Nigeria” says Olayinka Mubarak, Bank of Industry’s Group Head, Solid Minerals & Metals, adding: “Nigeria Mining Week is the largest gathering of miners in Nigeria. Last year it had international participants from over 13 countries and has continued to evolve over the years. Discussions are usually focused on how to drive the sector forward. The event has a match making platform for would-be investors and also offers a mentoring program.”
Nigeria Mining Week offers a one-stop-shop to engage directly with policy makers, financiers and mining investors as well as the opportunity to gain the most current information on geophysical data on the resources available to explore in Nigeria. The third annual event will provide a platform to engage with over 700 small scale miners through MAN, several Nigerian states displaying and promoting opportunities in small and medium scale mining and over 100 mining and exploration companies.
The event organiser Spintelligent is a well-known trade conference and expo organiser on the continent. The company has particular expertise and experience in mining, infrastructure development, energy and agriculture events; including long-running flagship shows such as Future Energy Nigeria in Lagos, DRC Mining Week in Lubumbashi, Kenya Mining Forum in Nairobi, Agritech Expo Zambia and African Utility Week in Cape Town.