The Project Engineer (Flotation/Dewatering) will provide direct output and support to the Project Manager Flotation/Dewatering. The successful incumbent will work as Engineer on all related Flotation/Dewatering project execution work by providing technical and functional leadership that will ensure effective implementation of the project within the required scope, budget and timeframes
- Implementing the Flotation/Dewatering stream within scope, time and budget.
- Working closely with EPC contractors to ensure timeous and efficient delivery and ensuring optimisation of process design and selection of processing route
- Monitoring and controlling the development of Process flow diagrams, mass balances as well as piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Monitoring and assessing computer simulations and advising relevant project members accordingly
- Defining the metallurgical test work strategy
- Optimizing the selection of equipment as part of the design
- Effectively managing EPC interfaces and deliverables
- Developing the objectives/programme of work for the Flotation/Dewatering stream and assigning individual responsibilities to ensure the completion of each job/contract within the required timeline, budget and agreed specifications
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the flotation/dewatering policies and COP’s, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Investigating circumstances and causes of incidents appropriately and monitoring the necessary steps to prevent reoccurrences
- Monitoring all flotation/dewatering designs and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Identifying safety risks across the Flotation/Dewatering stream and escalating issues and safety risks that impact other areas of the project.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualification in Extractive Metallurgy , Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering from a recognised institution
- Professional registration with recognized body/institution is an advantage
- At least 5- 8 years large project mining experience is required
- 2- 5 years industry experience with exposure to ideally both operational and technical environments
- Sound knowledge of extractive metallurgical processes and design principles
- Experience gained in any previous technical optimisation and/or design roles would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience in bringing large projects in on time and budget and within scope.
- Greenfield project experience is an advantage
- Working knowledge of MHSA
- Working knowledge of relevant South African environmental regulation
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Market related Salary package
- 2- 3 year contract
- Northern Cape based and housing will be provided