Will provide support and direct output to the Senior Project Lead. Will be managing all related infrastructure/utilities packages, including detailed design, civil and structural construction, quality control, mechanical completion, commissioning and hand-over work by providing technical and functional leadership that will ensure effective implementation of the project within the required scope, budget and time frames. He/she will also be responsible for all the statutory approvals and manage the stakeholders related to the project.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Project with a specific focus across the Utilities/Infrastructure packages (including Civil and Structural, Housing, Statutory permissions and approvals, stakeholder engagement etc.) and related functions using a quality control approach.
- Devise and implement a programme with in line with the overall strategy to track, monitor and report on technical designs and construction milestones.
- Building a productive project culture through effective people management and team building.
- Provide strategic inputs into Construction by anticipating current and future risks and mitigating these.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant degree or diploma in Civil-Structural / Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Post-graduate qualification in Project Management preferable
- Professional registration with recognized construction / engineering body is an advantage (PR.CM preferred)
- At least 12-15 years’ experience in design and construction of large mining project
- Greenfield project experience advantageous
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of MHSA and South African environmental regulations
- Experience in relevant stakeholder engagement
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans is required
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year fixed contract
- Northern Cape based and accommodation will be provided