Global consulting, engineering, management and specialist technical services firm Aurecon has appointed Anthony Richardson as its global market director to lead its resources business.
Reporting directly to Aurecon Energy and Resources MD Glenn Hooper, Richardson will focus on the development and achievement of Aurecon’s overall business plans in resources.
“Richardson’s deep understanding of fundamental processes and systems, will be pivotal in helping him lead the strategic growth of the resources business globally,” says Hooper.
Richardson joined Aurecon in June 2006 as a technical director and in his time with the company he has been involved in management and sponsorship positions on a number of large scale projects.
In late 2013, Richardson, in addition to his technical director role, took on the role of Client Relationship Executive for BHP Billiton.
With over 22 years of experience in the mining industry, Richardson is involved in consulting with owners of large operating businesses on business strategy and development, operational efficiency improvements and project design and delivery.
Projects Richardson has worked on at Aurecon include:
- Sustaining capital projects at Olympic Dam Mine for BHP Billiton
- Sustaining capital and greenfield projects for Rio Tinto Alcan and Rio Tinto Energy
- Galilee coal basin early phase studies for Alpha Mine, Rail and Port (GVK Hancock Coal)
- Daunia and Caval Ridge Mine Projects for BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA)
- Hay Point Expansion Project for BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA)
- Minerals projects in Vietnam, Queensland and Western Australia
Previous industry experience includes:
- Cannington Mine and Port Projects and Operations (BHP Billiton)
- Mount Isa Mines (Copper Concentrator, Isa Smelter and Haulage)
Richardson said that he is looking forward to working with the Aurecon team to bring the company’s global perspective to the solutions it offers, as well as to embrace disruption and to co-create a future together with its clients in their changing industries.
Top Products & Services Stories: