1) Let’s start with some background on Cummins and your work in the mining sector?
Cummins is the mining engine leader, with nearly a century of experience in the mining industry. Our trusted product and technology expertise allows us to power 80% of the world’s new mining equipment.* In fact, more than 28,000 Cummins engines are active in mining operations around the globe, in everything from excavators, drills and haul trucks, to generators and underground equipment. With a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations in approximately 190 countries and territories stands ready to provide immediate parts and service availability, 1,000 support engines to minimize downtime, and the best warranty in the business.
No matter what you’re mining or where your equipment runs, Cummins’ clean power and meticulously designed engines provide exceptional dependability, reliability, and productivity while operating in the most challenging mining environments. Uptime is critical in the mining industry and Cummins backs you up with the support you need
on every engine, from the compact 49-hp QSF2.8 to the mighty 4200-hp QSK95. Our worldwide presence and comprehensive support make Cummins a proven, committed mining partner you can depend on every day, from installation to overhaul.
2) Any projects that you are involved in Nigeria that you are particularly excited about at the moment?
Dangote Obajana, Gboko and Ibese.
3) What in your view are the challenges to taking the mining sector in Nigeria to the next level?
Funding and development of the industry to attract investors.
4) What is your vision for the mining sector in Nigeria?
Uptime is critical in the mining industry and Cummins backs you up with the support you need on every engine.
5) How important is Nigeria Mining Week to showcase the country’s mining potential?
To meet and interact with stakeholders.
6) What will be your message at the event?
Right equipment, right support, maximum uptime because every ton counts.
7) Anything you would like to add?
Depending on a proper maintenance practice will keep profitability up.