Are you a qualified Automation and Control Engineer with a background in the mining industry in South Africa?
Our client is seeking an experienced candidate to join their team in the Northern Cape.
The Automation and Control Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining process control systems and related automation.
- Providing support through process, automation and electrical projects and improvements.
- Design, develop, configure, program and test process control systems.
- Maintain automation networks.
- Documentation of control systems.
- Ensure that health, safety and environmental standards are maintained.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Leading and mentoring subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant degree.
- 7 years’ experience in a similar role within the mining industry.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Tekla 3D Modelling, Siemens, ABB PLC’s and Visual Basic Programming.
- Proficient in Siemens PLC and Scada design and implementation.
- Experience with Profibus and Modbus.
- Knowledge of South African standards.
- English and Afrikaans communication skills.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Ability to lead and mentor culturally diverse teams.
- Relocation to the Northern Cape essential.
- Permanent contract.
- Housing provided.
- Start date ASAP.