One of the world’s largest diversified natural resources companies is currently seeking a Management Accountant to join their team in Southern Africa. The successful incumbent will be accountable for the management accounting operations of the firm. If you’re coming from the mining, manufacturing, or related heavy industries, this could be the perfect job opportunity for you.
- Ensure effective cost control as per budget to ensure competiveness of the business.
- Manage and organize sound financial planning for life of mine to ensure sustained profitability.
- Coordinate and accurately produce the monthly operations report according to the stipulated standards and timeframes.
- Manage the accounting operations of the firm, to include: The production of periodic management reports, maintenance of an adequate system of cost accounting records, and a complete set of controls and budgets designed to enhance the company’s business decisions and mitigate risk.
- Improve the accuracy of the companies reported financial results.
- Ensuring that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom) in Accounting/Finance.
- Honours degree in Accounting or relevant accounting qualification from CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
- 5 years of post-graduation experience of which 3 years must be at a line management level.
- Completion of Articles.
- Have minimum knowledge in: Microsoft Office Suite and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Have prior skills and knowledge in Cost and Management Accounting, Advanced Microsoft Excel and SAP (Statutory Accounting Principles).