The Category Lead: Equipment and Spares is responsible for the procurement of all Equipment and Spares for use at the mine operations across South Africa and Namibia. The incumbent will take ownership for the identification, review and score-carding of existing and potential suppliers. Ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation as well as ensuring quality and value for money procurement that will drive the ultimate costs of product offerings.
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies in support of the Mine’s day to day requirements for Equipment & Spares Stock Replenishment, Non-Stock (direct charge buying), Procurement Site Works and Services contracting.
- Tracking and Expediting of Orders/Contracts to ensure on time receipt/completion.
- Verification against orders/contracts of invoices for payment.
- Manage the process of migrating equipment spare parts from Non Contract to Contract.
- Effectively negotiate service levels to ensure the achievement of targets, introduce strategies to achieve cost savings in purchase prices and Supplier Service Levels.
- Effectively interact with customers to provide information on progress with purchase requisitions, orders/contract negotiation and placement and expediting.
- Oversee the relationship and performance of Buying Agents and Freight Forwarders.
- Innovate and initiate processes that challenge current operations for maximisation of Value Add.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
Requirements: Qualification and SkillBS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- Extensive experience in the Mechanical Engineering environments or a Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Strong general administration capabilities.
- Additional qualifications in specific fields is an advantage.
- Member of SAPICS.
- 5-10 years relevant experience at a multinational organization with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role and of 3 years in an analyst position.
- Mining or consulting industry background.
- Proven working experience in a procurement manager role.
- Hands on experience in Multinational Financial Transactions.
- Experience operating within a shared services function
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Market related Salary package