An opportunity exists for a dedicated, hardworking, and enthusiastic and result driven individual to be the Category Lead: Services on a Mine on a permanent basis.
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies in support of the Mine’s day to day requirements for Procurement Site Works and Services contracting.
- Tracking and Expediting of Orders/Contracts to ensure on time receipt/completion.
- Verification against orders/contracts of invoices for payment.
- Ensure all Service contracts are in compliance with Vedanta standards.
- Effectively negotiate service levels to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Effectively introduce strategies to achieve cost savings in Supplier Service contracts.
- Effectively interact with customers to provide information on progress with purchase requisitions, orders/contract negotiation and placement and expediting.
- Innovate and initiate processes that challenge current operations for maximisation of Value Add.
- Remain in touch with the changing global Supply Base to ensure that services/transport/freight forwarding is sourced from the most competitive market.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- Strong general administration capabilities.
- Additional qualifications in specific fields is an advantage.
- 5-10 years relevant experience at a multinational organization with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role and of 3 years in an analyst position
- Mining or consulting industry background.
- Proven working experience in a procurement manager role
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related Salary
- Housing and other Mine Site Benefits