- Analysing, diagnosing, carrying out and supervising repairs and maintenance of Caterpillar equipment.
- Ensure optimum availability of machinery.
- Failure and root cause analysis.
- Ensure continuous improvement through productivity improvement initiatives.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Ensure health, safety, environmental and legal standards are adhered to.
- Mentor and train subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Trade tested Diesel Mechanic or technical diploma.
- Caterpillar training essential.
- CMMS experience.
- 10 years’ experience in the maintenance of Caterpillar equipment within the mining industry including excavators, trucks, bull dozers and graders.
- 4 years’ experience in a senior level position.
- Experience mentoring and training subordinates of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Only candidates currently based in an African country will be considered for logistical purposes.
- Limited duration contract.