As a member of the executive team, the CIO will own the exciting task of improving and enhancing our in-house telecommunications solutions, working with multiple teams within an agile / lean environm
ent, and creating a culture where team members look forward to coming to work and where high quality software is the norm.
The incumbent will inspire desired teams in order to adopt a high performance culture in a world where development & delivery is moving faster than ever.
- Develop service offerings to members thereby improving satisfaction and delight levels
- Involved in business purpose, creating new business opportunities, crossing business boundaries and dimensions, and supports business direction
- Service offerings may take shape in the form of Seminars, Events, Workshops, software, hardware sales, toolkits
- To provide the right information, to the right people at the right time so that they can make effective decisions by leveraging the technology
- Formulation, implementation and control of IM Strategy
- Develop an IT Architecture that is aligned to the Business Architecture
- Optimum use of information and technology, business effectiveness, supports business results and is involved in business activity
- Develop, implement and manage IT governance, security, change management principles, etc
- Development and enhancement of business applications, website and other relevant applications in line with business objectives
- IM Programme and Project Management
- Development of a programme and project management methodology
- Methodology (initiation, planning, controlling, execution, and implementation
- Management of IT (applications and infrastructure)
- Accountable for IT change management as it relates to any hardware, applications, software and/ or software code within the organisation
- Formulation of contractual relationships and management of all IT related vendors
- Accountable for return on investment and Total cost of ownership measurements and returns as it relates to IT spend
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering or related field is preferred. Master’s degree in either of these fields or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
- 15 years of progressive IT leadership experience in a global organization.
- Previous CIO or significant divisional IT leadership is required. Technology industry experience is highly desirable, but other relevant backgrounds will be considered.
- Enterprise technology experience is critical
- Engineering/product delivery experience as well would be ideal.
- Proven success serving as a strong change agent and leader, with a track record of elevating IT at the most senior levels in an organization and partnering as a trusted peer to the business.
- Global experience