Reference Number: 9670803NDS
The Chief Operating Officer is accountable for the safe and profitable operation of all mining, processing, port, haulage, technical services and other general services activities, and is responsible for ensuring they comply with all Company, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Leads the organisation in meeting the company’s environmental, health and safety system requirements.
- Set and deliver physicals, operating cost and capital budgets and forecasts to meet annual corporate objectives whilst maximising project value.
- Review performance & adjust to a changing market, by optimising production plans and monitoring performance to adjust those plans as required.
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of design engineering, project management and delivery services
- Influence product and technical development strategies through membership on key steering committees.
- Delivery of EBIT / ROC targets and actual performance by identifying opportunities, providing resources and executing action plans. In particular focus needs to be maintained on value accretive opportunities.
- Participate in the development of marketing, product development and resource development strategies.
- Manage activity costs by developing cost management processes and financially responsible culture.
- Ensures the workforce is informed on direction and targets through a coordinated communication and re-engagement plan.
- Supports the CEO in the management of relationships with external stakeholders through a coordinated approach including attendance at regular meetings.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Tertiary educated in a recognised minerals processing, engineering or mining discipline
- Successful track record in leading the management of complex minerals processing and mining operations including managing multiple sites simultaneously
- Experience in operating in Africa or similar environment
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance or management
- Significant technical knowledge of minerals processing and mining
- A minimum of 10-15 years in a Senior Executive management role
- Thinks strategically and innovatively on operational and technical aspects of the business
- An ability to coach and mentor direct reports to improve their performance and impact.
- Ability to direct and motivate colleagues and contractors.
- An ability to develop team members at all levels, with the requirement to develop formal training programs and provide support to enhance employee skillsets.
- Proficiency in managing relationships and building networks.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 – 5 year contract
- FIFO roster 7 weeks on 3 weeks off
- USD tax free salary plus STIs, LTIs plus deferred shares