The client is currently seeking a qualified individual to maintain a Survey and Evaluation service on their mine according to government regulations and mine policy. We are seeking an experienced individual with strong leadership qualities. The incumbent of this position will report in to the HOD: Mining Technical Services.
- Compile legally compliant mine plans, aligned with Department of Mineral Resources’ requirements.
- Prepare accurate tonnages and grade of mined material in order to deplete the various mineral reserves and resource models
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Conduct research, document and implement best practice survey and sampling standards and procedures
- Ensure legal compliance on SOP’s, PTO’s and risk assessments
- Recruit, develop employees and manage own team’s performance
- Compile monthly safety reports and ensure compliance with safety standards guidelines, policies and procedures
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Industry related Degree
- Mine Survey Certificate of Competency
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience
- Medically fit (“Red Ticket”)
- Computer literacy
- Valid Driver’s License