Civil Company with projects across South Africa is currently seeking to recruit an experienced individual to head a team of experienced project managers in implementing civil projects of broad disciplines. This personality will closely collaborate with General Manager in directing, coordinating and exercising functional authority for all, initiating, planning, Executing, Monitoring& control, integration, and closing of the civil projects within his area of assigned authority.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Management of civil project execution and all internal and external interfaces across all technical disciplines.
2. Responsible for time, activity quality (including coordinating subcontractor quality) and cost optimization of all engineering disciplines from project kick off to project handover acceptance.
3. Monitors and directs, in collaboration with his Project Management Teams (PMT), all site activities to ensure objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget parameters.
4. Assess and reviews the project Key Performance Indicators to determine accurate status of project, making tactical decisions for allocating resources, and assigning staff requirements, to maintain project on target.
5. Manage changes to Engineering scope and assist in obtaining written client approval on all changes before proceeding with work including negotiating change requests and incorporates them into contract / costing tool.
6. Discuss project financials, technical topics, engineering progress, schedule and prepares reports for corrective actions if project becomes behind schedule or overspends budget, and presents to General Manager with recovery plan.
7. Department on-boarding and induction (procedures, guidelines, policies, etc). Collaborates with his PMT Managers in directing and supervising personnel.
8. Provide staff on the job training with skills training programs, with the aim of increasing worker skills and personnel development.
9. Ensures all PMT departments have effective resources and perform with expected efficiency and productivity.
10. Complies with all statutory requirements connected with the implementation of project.
11. Ensure proper closeout of project including transmittal of final documentation to client.
12. Ensures Quality, Health during all stages of project including supervision of compliance of subcontractors to work ethics and procedures.
13. Establishment of manpower required for realization of specific project and related team setup. Integration of assigned project members in project team.
14. Follow up on project specific targets as set by project management and according to contractual agreements within team of Project Manager of disciplines.
15. Elaborates and negotiates change and variation orders with Project Management (PM).
16. Involves the customer in decision making and provides regular information to/via PMTs to implements procedures for solving issues problems in design phase and / or on site with erection and commissioning team
17. Supporting all matters on site by on site availability on demand; e.g. for erection, commissioning, trouble shooting, solving of clashes. Duration on site depends on project specific requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
· Accreditation to the Engineering professional council
· More than 10 years of extended broad experience in civil related project management
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools.
· Respected representative of his area of responsibility.
. BS Degree in an appropriate Science / Engineering
· Experience performing risk-management
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time whilst paying strict attention to detail
· Have sufficient experience in project and construction management to lead a team of engineers and manage
· Have very good managerial and people skills on all levels.
· Have exceptional negotiating skills.
· Have good reporting skills as progress will have to be reported directly to the client’s Management team
Very attractive package together with great career opportunities