To take complete responsibility for commercial input into tenders and offers, as well as the execution of contracts in a project environment, including risk management, administration of contractual claims, project cash flow management and all commercial aspects of contracts. The successful incumbent will report directly in to the GM: Commercial.
- Support during bidding phase – Provide input for drawing up a contracting philosophy. Draw up strategy and identify key issues for association with business partners (JVs, consortium, sub-contracting)
- Commercial Execution – Ensure fulfilment of all commercial conditions laid down in the main contract with the customer as well as in related contracted with consortium partners, associated companies and other business partners. Co-ordinate all issues of financial project management.
- Client Focus - Conduct customer negotiations and interfaces with customers during project execution in a manner that strengthens long term relationship in a spirit of partnership and mutual trust.
- Inter Department Collaboration - Consciously build synergies with other departments and disciplines towards achievement of company’s goals.
- Team work - Contribute to team efforts to create a culture of belongingness to company and ownership of the business goals by team members through transparency and openness
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelor’s degree in commercial, accounting or financial management or equivalent
- At least 8 years relevant experience in the international contracting business especially with regard to project execution / contract administration and controlling
- Proven track record in managing engineering projects preferably in the field of petrochemical, cement, mining or materials handling industry
- Sound legal knowledge and extensive experience with NEC and FIDIC contracts
- Track record of experience with Claims Management
- Technical competencies required: Client communications, contract drafting, risk management, supplier contract management