Reference Number: 836-0412LH
Our client, an international mining company with operations in the DRC, is seeking a qualified Community Relations Manager to join their team on site.
- Provide guidance and support for the site to ensure ethical production.
- Ensure compliance with local legal requirements, best practices and international standards.
- Monitor mineral development activity and assist in preparing responsible minerals minerals development strategies.
- Conduct internal audits to improve systems where possible.
- Assisting in developing human rights strategies.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Conflict Studies or similar field.
- Fluent English communication skills with French advantageous.
- 10 years’ experience in community relations management in conflict affected or high risk areas.
- Proven experience in human rights, security and child labour prevention.
- Experience with fair-trade certification systems.
- Previous experience in the DRC highly advantageous.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Experience mentoring and training subordinates.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa, working with multicultural teams.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Single status roster.
- Permanent contract subject to work permit renewal.