Reference Number: 208 1805 MHU
The Senior Manager for Surface Infrastructure is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all construction activities and plans to ensure the Project surface infrastructure objectives and milestones are achieved in-line with defined expectations and best for project outcomes.
This includes managing, overseeing and monitoring all surface new build activities, tailings storage facility (TSF) and other surface infrastructure construction works. Managing the EPCM contractor and subcontractors to ensure works are undertaken in-line with health, safety and environmental obligations, design specifications, quality, Project budget and schedule.
The position is a key senior leadership team role, and requires extensive multi-disciplined construction experience, outstanding coordination, communication, management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strategic: Support the Project Director and Management team in all surface infrastructure new build, TSF and other surface infrastructure project construction matters. Key construction representative, manage and lead multi-disciplined project construction functions, with a strong safety, cost, schedule, and quality focus. Key interface role, ensuring the effective management and performance of the EPCM services contractor and all other contractor construction activities.
- Plans, Procedures, Standards and Documentation: Develop and maintain the Construction Management Plan, specifically surface infrastructure new build, TSF and other surface infrastructure project construction activities, as a key sub-plan to the Project Execution Plan.
- Meetings, Reviews and Communication: Attend and chair key review meetings as required. Co-ordinate and chair regular project construction meetings, maintain meeting records and agreed actions, and follow through to ensure actions are completed. Provide regular project updates to the management team in relation to progress and construction issues that may impact on compliance or cause delays.
- Progress and Performance Reporting: Monitor progress of construction works, advise status in a timely manner to the management team of any potential cost, schedule or quality variances. Monitor (assess, record and feedback) contractor performance in the delivery of project outcomes.
- Risk Management: Identify and addressed construction risks early by communicating to appropriate stakeholders
- Change Management: Coordinate the construction change management process, including Site Instructions, Variations and or claims.
- Quality Management, Witness Testing and Inspection: Oversee, witness inspections and testing regimes to ensure quality and or performance is in-line with the engineering specifications
- Commissioning: In conjunction with the Commissioning manager develop the commissioning plan. Coordinate construction labour and resources (plant and equipment) to support the commissioning process.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Must have at least 15 to 20 years project construction experience, with at least 10 years as Construction Manager
- Recent major project delivery experience, preferably within a large blue chip mining or resources environment
- Multi-disciplined, design, construction and commissioning experience, and have effectively managed large teams. Preferably within an owner’s team environment, with EPCM contractor and or subcontractor management experience
- Self-motivated and strong leadership skills, with the ability to work within multiple project teams
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO expat role