Reference Number: GAS0011
This position is responsible for delivering, coordinating, managing and supporting technical services deployments of our client’s solutions. The successful candidate will take full ownership and responsibility for project execution and client success on projects throughout Africa.
- Perform installations and provide training to installers and users of client’s telecommunication, tracking and telemetry solutions.
- Conduct site audits to review client-specific mining equipment and telecommunications systems.
- Validate post-installation data acquisition
- Produce installation diagrams, both prior to deployments, and well as to document as-built installations.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and document deployments in a timely manner.
- Report on project milestones; participate in value realization with case studies.
- Present key deployment findings/outcomes and make suggestions for process improvements (internally) and operational improvements to key client stakeholders.
- Complete regular client health checks
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTIONS
- Scope, develop and deliver training to clients on 1st-line troubleshooting and/or installation
- Perform 1st-line support of client systems using remote troubleshooting tools.
- Perform 2nd-line problem analysis of client system onsite.
- Continually develop and transfer best practices knowledge internally and externally.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a healthy pipeline of services activities are available in support of growth plans
- Conduct services work, remotely or on-site, in support of sales activities (sales engineering)
REMOTE SUPPORT FUNCTIONS
- Verify that 1st and 2nd line client support is conducted with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Administrative tasks (i.e. not related to management or execution of Sales, Services or Support) include:
- Ensure invoicing for all active projects is completed on a monthly basis
- Conduct project reviews with deployment team on a weekly basis
- Verify services team timely compliance with: expense submission, trip reports
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and willingness to travel frequently (12 days per month on average)
- Be an ambassador for the client’s culture by ensuring the workplace maintains a positive, high performance attitude.
- Proficiency with reporting/dashboard tools such as MS Business Intelligence are an added advantage
- Ability to work well with the public, with good interpersonal skills, outstanding listening and presentation skills
- Business Acumen.
- Experience or knowledge of in the mining industry is an asset
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in electrical or automation engineering
- 5 years’ experience in onsite/field services (required) and client support (asset) roles related to electrical / automation projects.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- This position occasionally supervises external contract employees
- When not on travel, this job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The employee is regularly required to travel. When visiting client mine sites, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may also require occasional heavy lifting/moving (up to 50 pounds).
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but when not on travel duties, the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Regular evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position requires extensive travel time. Travel is outside the local office area and implies several consecutive overnights.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.