We are seeking a Deputy HME Manager, (Heavy Mining Equipment) based in Mali, working for an international mining operator.
This is a FIFO position 8/4
The Deputy HME Manager based in Mali is responsible for ensuring that all mobile equipment is in good condition and working order.
The incumbent will be involved in mitigating problems arising daily by providing cost effective solutions and effective strategy on repairs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining high standards of workplace health and safety at all times.
The Deputy HME Manager will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day to day activities of the Mobile Equipment Maintenance, controlling the quality of repairs, PMS, implementation of safety fleet standards, and performance appraisal of subordinates.
Reporting to the HME Manager and covering for the HME Manager while on their scheduled time off, this position will be a fly in – fly out rotation, based in Mali.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to and support all company related policies and procedures;
- Manage the earthmoving equipment workshop in order to achieve optimal availability, utilization and performance objectives;
- Evaluate and determine manpower requirements and deployment to achieve optimum utilization of resources to achieve objectives;
- Review and determine mechanical equipment scheduled maintenance requirements in order to optimize maintenance costs and engineering down time;
- Review maintenance performance reports and equipment repair history and recommend and implement corrective action;
- Review component change out intervals and determine an economical component change out schedule to minimize unplanned downtime;
- Plan major repairs/overhauls of machinery, in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner, suppliers and contractors, in order to minimize downtime;
- Ensure machine operation and maintenance within the confines of the contracts with various suppliers and warranty agreements;
- Ensure efficient and adequate technical post-mortems on component failures and implement preventative actions;
- Implement, monitor and maintain condition monitoring program;
- Implement, monitor and maintain tyre management system;
- Plan and recommend future capital and manpower requirements;
- Prepare and manage approved capital and working cost budgets for the HME section;
- Monitor and evaluate stockholding and movement of spares and ensure availability of sufficient consumable and critical spares to maintain the fleet;
- Monitor expenditure on HME equipment, report on Life Cycle Costing and determine the economic replacement criteria for components and equipment;
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings, and conduct a monthly safety inspection of work area based on the schedule set by Management;
- Maintain a safe working environment and keep the assigned work area clean and tidy;
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions as well as injuries, accidents, equipment damage and near miss incidents in a timely manner;
- Conduct and participate in investigations for all injuries, accidents and equipment damage in line with Company Policy and prepare all documentation in a timely manner;
- Develop and implement good housekeeping;
- Encourage all employees to develop and maintain a safe working attitude;
- Ensure prompt action of all corrective actions of investigations, inspections and audits;
- Ensure all safe working procedures are documented and adhered to; and
- Other duties as set out by the Company.
Competencies and requirements
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in engineering with earthmoving equipment and
- workshop management;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role;
- Experience with workplace safety programs; and
- Possession of Code B drivers’ license.
Competitive compensation package, (USD $ net salary) including salary to commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus full benefit package for employee and dependents. FIFO roaster 8 weeks on 4 weeks off.