Reference Number: 834-2911LH
Our client is seeking a skilled Diesel Mechanic with extensive experience working with earth moving equipment, to provide technical support and guidance on site, as well as training of technicians.
- Accurately diagnose vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Schedule and Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) and advise operators on good machine/vehicle use
- Overhaul equipment components as engines, transmissions, differentials, final drives, etc.
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Training and mentoring of technicians
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diesel Mechanic Trade test or similar Qualification
- Proven experience as truck & earth moving equipment mechanic.
- Minimum 10 years experience on Volvo heavy duty trucks and earth moving equipment used in the mining or construction industry
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of trucks and earth moving equipment
- Working knowledge of diagnostic systems and methods
- Formal training on Volvo equipment advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed term contract
- FIFO Rotation
Feature image credit: Volvo