A manufacturer and distributor of engines, filtration, and power generation products are seeking an Electrical Technician to join their dynamic team. This could be a perfect career move for you.
- Finalises troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop independently while coaching and developing less experienced technicians.
- Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex repairs.
- Executes preventative maintenance based on assessment of engine.
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Adheres to and ensures adherence of more junior technicians to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Have in possession of a Vocational diploma from a relevant technical institution.
- An Apprentice Trained Engine Technician would be preferred.
- Have a locally valid driving permit would be preferred.
- Have some advanced level knowledge or experience with engine products.
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians.
- Ability to train Service Personnel to develop their diagnostic skills.
- Capability to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action.
- Capability to develop and maintain productive working relationships.
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions.
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure.
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues.
- Can resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities.