- Territory EHS Manager partners with field EHS staff, field supervisors, and Operations management to implement the Company EHS management systems and programs;
- Build a positive safety culture and deliver EHS performance improvement and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage and oversee Territory EHS programs and professionals throughout a business region.
- As necessary, will accompany Field EHS personnel on work-place audits.
- Ensure that EHS professionals meet the corporate standards and are up to date with current certifications and training methods.
- Oversee and conduct post-incident investigations as required. Ensure thorough root cause analysis is completed with effective corrective actions and controls are in place.
- Ensure documentation and required incident data is loaded into the Global EHS Management System (GEMS) by Territory or local EHS personnel. Analyze and report EHS performance data and identify risk trends and improvement opportunities for Territory.
- Assist with developing written programs to meet client, company, and government regulations.
- Obtain needed certifications to perform necessary duties and train others.
- Develop additional safety skills and credentials by attending selected courses and clinics.
- Support Territory managers to market safety programs and initiatives with clients, and promote delivery of safe profitability and growth.
- Serve as a liaison between corporate EHS and Territory operational management.
- Track pending regulatory activity and advise management of risk, compliance issues, etc.
- Support line management to develop EHS plans, implement risk based programs and continually improve EHS performance.
- Lead continual improvement of EHS and drive progress against Company objectives.
- Support operations to manage client EHS expectations.
- Support and champion EHS initiatives and programs. Provide input into the Territory Training Plan with respect to EHS competencies, company programs and initiatives.
- Participate in national and local EHS, Mining, or Drilling Associations, where available.
- University degree with industrial emphasis including courses related to EHS and regulatory laws and compliance.
- 5+ years of field-related experience in the Drilling Services or Mining industry or equivalent experience and certifications in industrial health and safety as an EHS professional.
- Experienced in Hazard Identification, Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis, ISO certification process, and internal auditing.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools and EHS Management System databases.
- Willingness to travel, as required, to work sites, including overnight stays.
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving history.
- Exceptional people skills. Able to develop trust-based relationships.
- Based in South Africa with extensive travel to various locations 2 weeks out of every month
- ZAR market related salary