|Are you a qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with experience in the restarting of mines?
This could be the opportunity for you!
Our client is seeking a qualified individual to join their team in South Africa.
Responsibilities:Development of engineering aspect of the restart plan for the mine and implementation thereof.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance plans.
- Manage contractors and subordinates.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Legal appointment 2.13.2.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Train and mentor subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma.
- Registered with ECSA.
- 10 years’ experience in engineering roles within the mining industry.
- Experience in the development and implementation of mine restart plans from an engineering perspective.
- 7 years previous experience in underground mining.
- 4 years mechanised mining experience.
- CMMS experience.
- Budgeting and cost control experience.
- Residential position – relocation to the area will be required