Reference Number: GAS0050
The scope of services for this Owner’s Mechanical Engineer role is to ensure that the technical and build contractors adhere sufficiently to the project specifications.
Seconded to Client organization based in Limpopo, South Africa, the incumbent would carry out Mechanical engineering work activities during the Detail Engineering and execution phases of the project.
- Monitor the EPC contractor’s compliance to clients and South African standards.
- Perform engineering work for facilities outside the EPC contractor’s scope.
- Upgrade/update/condition earlier obtained bids to completeness.
- Participate in bid clarifications and prepare technical bid appraisals.
- Manage and oversee vendor/contractor detailed engineering documents
- Design Basis
- Basic data/documents such as PFDs, P&IDs, Water and Mass balance
- Detailed engineering drawings/data sheets and equipment sizing
- QA/QC Reports
- GA/layout drawings
- Erection / Installation procedures
- Pre-commissioning check reports
- O&M Manuals
- Provide field engineering support for construction, inspection, testing and commissioning including:
o Vendor Quality Surveillance
o Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
o Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
o Pre-commissioning, Commissioning tests
o Training (Operational Readiness)
o Performance testing (guarantee)
o Defect lists
o Takeover certificates
o Plant Handover
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Contract Position