|Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with experience in the gold mining industry in Africa?
This could be the opportunity for you!
Our client is seeking a qualified individual to lead the team at their mining operation in West Africa.
- Provide technical, commercial and strategic leadership for the Engineering team.
- Lead the maintenance team to provide an effective and efficient maintenance function on all fixed and mobile plant on site.
- Implement preventative maintenance plans.
- Manage contractors.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Train and mentor subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Registered with a professional body / board.
- French communication skills highly advantageous.
- 12 years’ experience in engineering maintenance roles within the mining industry, of which at least 6 years must be at management level.
- 5 years previous experience in a gold mining environment.
- Well-versed with SAP or similar systems.
- Budgeting and cost control experience.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa essential.
- Experience on remote mine sites essential.
- Experience mentoring and training subordinates of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Single or family status contract.