A well-known Mining House based in Southern Africa is currently in the market for an Environmentally orientated individual to assist with Impact Assessments to determine the effects of their current projects on the surrounding communities and ecosystems.
If you have extensive experience in a Leadership Function within the Environmental Industry this could be a wonderful opportunity for you.
- Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on factors impacting on the business.
- Direct the day to day operational management of the business, applying a hands-on approach to producing solutions to strategic, technical, commercial, operational and personnel related challenges
- Lead the delivery teams in achieving their goals and objectives and ultimately ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget
- Ensure an emphasis is placed on further developing a high-performing, innovative and influential operational support function
- Aquire all the needed licenses and permits within the limits of the South African Law
- Act as a key focal point for communications with clients
- Provide technical services to our clients in accordance with relevant targets
- Establish and manage the office in accordance with local legislation
- Effective financial management including budgeting, forecasting and various analysis
- Take responsibility for all relationships between the company and its clients within West Africa, ensuring the company sustains market share
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Post Graduate Degree in Environmental Management or similar
- 8-10 years in a leadership role within the environmental / resource industry
- Interpersonal skills
- High Business Acumen
- Strong leadership capability