A leading mining organisation is looking for an Environmental Specialist to join the operations in the Northern Cape. The main responsibility will be to Identify, determine impact and report on environmental key aspects and impacts. Implement and maintain plans and guidelines to ensure compliance to relevant legislation and other requirements.
- Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action.
- Plan, implement, control and monitor approved changes to area of responsibility to respond to changes in the industry, legislation, and other related matters including transformation and optimisation.
- Manage the efficient and effective utilisation of resources. Optimise systems and processes continuously to ensure production efficiency targets and operational plans are met.
- Optimise the core operational internal processes and internal supply chain and resolve operational conflicts.
- Provide input into functional planning. Interpret functional plan and develop sub-functional plans.
- Implement compliance requirements. Communicate compliance changes.
- Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members. Recognise and reward team member efforts.
- Identify aspects and conduct risk assessments regarding identified aspects. Develop and implement preventive or monitoring strategies.
- Determine impact of environmental risks. Develop a communication strategy. Develop plans and guidelines on how to manage the impact of the risks.
- Implement and monitor an environmental management system.
- Ensure air, waste and water management strategies are implemented and applied. Assess impact of operational activities on the internal and external environment. Ensure the operation of the waste management facilities.
- Ensure the licences and permits and authorisations are in place and updated.
- Ensure operational plan is implemented.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12
- National Diploma Environmental Science or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science Environmental Management / BA / BSc Environmental or equivalent
- 6 Years’ Environmental or mining and / or heavy industry operations; legal compliance; Integrated risk management systems experience
- 2 Years’ Supervisory experience
- Drivers Licence