The incumbent will be responsible for the integration and execution of business drivers and key business objectives to ensure business plan objectives of Technical Product Development are met. He/she will lead the team that serves as the interface between customer-facing entities and various technical areas for the provision of solutions and strategic direction regarding products and services and create an environment supportive of innovation and co-creation between customer facing areas and the technical areas.
Responsible for the integration and execution of business drivers and key business objectives: 30%
- Serve as the interface between customer facing entities and the various technical areas for the design, architecture and development of new products and services
- Gather and analyse product and service requirements from multiple customer facing entities
- Develop relevant documents as input to technical teams
- Design and implement workaround solutions and out-of-the-box thinking to ensure speed to market
- Enable end-to-end testing and efficiently manage unresolved issues to ensure full acceptance
- Ensure product integration management by defining an end-to-end network architecture to support converged approach
- Provide consolidated technology based innovation, concepts and roadmaps to satisfy business requirements and create new demand
- Ensure TPD business plan objectives are met
- Drive implementation of solutions and organizational renewal (NGNEC)
- Ensure solutions provide excellent customer experience for end subscriber
- Match access technologies e.g. xDSL, FTTH, LTE, 3G, 2G to device capabilities during product development process
Manage internal & external customer relationships: 30%
- Implement a cross-functional product delivery model, interfacing across multiple areas e.g PMO, Network, Customer Experience, Marketing, Sales, Product Management, CPM
- Establish and maintain internal and external relationships
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders by developing a stakeholder strategy
- Partner with relevant internal and external stakeholders to support and improve service delivery
Manages people performance and development: 20%
- Manage the performance, productivity development and wellbeing of own team
- Ensure leadership and performance that is aligned with Telkom culture and values
Drive compliance as per Company policies: 10%
- Ensure legislator compliance and corporate governance
Manages the development of budgets, expenditure and performance reporting: 10%
- Control cost and expenses against budget (OPEX/CAPEX)
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
8 years relevant experience with exposure to mobile communication of which at least 3 years
on senior management level
- Engineering or relevant degree/diploma (NQF Level 7). Relevant Post graduate engineering diploma/ degree. Post graduate leadership/ business management diploma/ degree will be an advantage.
- MBA will be an advantage.
- South African citizens only.